This Agreement applies conditions to your use of any Rooster-provided products or services that you access, license, use or buy (collectively, the “Services”). By accessing and using the Services, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS SUBJECT TO AN ARBITRATION PROVISION IN SECTION 9, REQUIRING ALL CLAIMS TO BE RESOLVED BY WAY OF BINDING ARBITRATION.
1. Preliminary Provisions.
1.1 Revisions to the Agreement. We may revise and update this Agreement from time to time, and will post the updated Agreement to our website and any portal or interface that you access (our “Site”). ANY CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT WILL APPLY IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING. Although we are not obligated to provide you with notice of any changes, any changes to this Agreement will not apply retroactively to events that occurred prior to such changes. Your continued use of the Services will constitute your agreement to any new provisions within the revised Agreement.
1.2 Relationship of the Parties.
2.1 Services. Rooster, its affiliates or third party licensors own and hold all right, title and interest in and to the Services, including without limitation, all intellectual property contained therein, and all materials related to the Services and all intellectual property derived from the Services. No part of the Services may be copied, reproduced, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, transmitted, or distributed in any way to any other computer, server, website, or other medium for publication or distribution or for any commercial use without our prior express written consent. For the avoidance of doubt, you have no property right in any cellular number assigned to any SIM card within a device and each Party understands that such number may be changed from time to time.
On the condition that you comply with all your obligations under this Agreement, Rooster grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and use the Services. Any use of the Services in excess of this license is strictly prohibited and constitutes a violation of this Agreement, which may result in the termination of your right to access and use the Services.
The Services are for your use only. You may not resell the Services, in any part, to any other person whether a natural person, entity, or otherwise.
2.2 Trademarks. “Rooster,” the Rooster logo and all Rooster product names are trademarks or service marks of Rooster or its affiliates (collectively, the “Marks”). No right or license to use the Marks is granted under this Agreement, except that you shall have the limited right to use the Marks solely as they appear in the Services. You shall not use the Marks in any advertising or promotional material nor disclose Rooster as a data source to any third party, except for such disclosures required by federal, state or local government regulations, or as otherwise may be prior authorized in writing by Rooster. You shall not remove, alter or obscure any Marks or proprietary notices contained in the Services or other materials provided by Rooster.
3.1 Subscription. Your subscription to the Services will be on a monthly basis and will automatically renew until terminated. You must provide us with one or more Payment Methods. "Payment Method" means a current, valid, accepted method of payment, as may be updated from time to time and which may include payment through your account with a third party.
3.2 Billing Cycle. The subscription fee for the Services and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the Service (such as Hardware purchases, taxes and possible transaction fees), will be charged to your Payment Method on the specific billing date indicated on your "Account" page. In some cases your payment date may change, for example if your Payment Method has not successfully settled or if your paid monthly membership began on a day not contained in a given month. You may visit your Account page to see your next payment date. We may authorize your Payment Method in anticipation of Service-related charges through various methods, including authorizing it up to approximately one month of Service fees as soon as you create an Account.
3.3 Payment Methods. You authorize us to charge any Payment Method associated to your Account in case your primary Payment Method is declined or no longer available to us. You remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not cancel your Account, we may suspend your access to the Services until we have successfully charged a valid Payment Method. You can update your Payment Methods by going to the "Account" page. We may also update your Payment Methods using information provided by the payment service providers. Following any update, you authorize us to continue to charge the applicable Payment Method(s).
3.4 Cancellation. You can cancel the Services at any time, and you will continue to have access to the Services through the end of your billing period. To cancel, go to the "Account" page on our Site and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel your subscription, your Account will automatically close at the end of your current billing period. Fees are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits for partial periods due to cancellation.
3.5 Fee Changes. We reserve the right to change the fees charged for our Services or any components thereof in any manner and at any time as we may determine in our sole and absolute discretion. Except as otherwise expressly provided for in this Agreement, any fee changes or changes to your subscription will take effect following notice to you.
3.6 Taxes. Fees are exclusive of sales, use, excise, ad valorem, personal property, and other taxes. When Rooster has the legal obligation to collect such taxes, the appropriate amount shall be added to the fees due and paid by you, unless you provide Rooster with a valid tax exemption certificate prior to issuance of the invoice. Such certificate must be in a form authorized by the appropriate taxing authority.
4. Restrictions on Your Use of the Services. You agree that when accessing and using the Services, you will not: (i) delete, modify, or attempt to change or alter any of the Services or their content; (ii) introduce into the Services any virus, rogue program, time bomb, drop dead device, back door, Trojan horse, worm or other malicious or destructive code, software routines, denial of service attack, or equipment components designed to permit unauthorized access to the Services, or to otherwise harm other users, or any third parties, or perform any such actions; (iii) use the Services to commit fraud or conduct other unlawful activities, including using stolen payment information to make a purchase; (iv) access or attempt to access any other person’s account, information, or content without permission; (v) copy, modify, create derivative works, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to learn the source code, structure, or ideas upon which the Services is based; (vi) use any bot, spider, or other automatic or manual device or process for the purpose of harvesting or compiling information from the Services for any reason; (vii) use any content or information made available through the Services in any manner that misappropriates any trade secret or infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, rights of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party; (viii) decrypt, transfer, frame, display, or translate (except translations for personal use) any part of the Services; (ix) connect to or access any Rooster computer system or network without authorization; or (x) use information from the Services to create or sell a similar service.
We may suspend or terminate, in whole or in part, your access to the Services if you violate the terms and conditions set forth in this Section.
5. Hardware. Rooster hereby agrees to sell, and you agree to purchase, any Hardware you have selected in your Account Shopping Cart. All Hardware will be shipped FOB to the delivery location you have selected. Title to the Hardware shall pass to you upon Rooster’s provision of such Hardware to a common carrier. If Rooster fails to deliver the Hardware by the delivery date, you may, as your sole and exclusive remedy, either: (i) request Rooster to resend the Hardware, or (ii) cancel all or part of the Rooster Hardware delivery.
You may elect to return your order within ninety (90) calendar days of purchase for a full refund. To receive the refund, Hardware must be received by Rooster c/o Constellation Service Company at 4119 SW Southgate Drive in Topeka, KS 66609 in its original, unopened package within ninety (90) calendar days of the completed order. Upon receipt of the Hardware in its original unopened packaging, Rooster will cancel your purchase of the Hardware and immediately refund all sums previously paid to it by you.
You have the right to inspect the Hardware and to reject any Hardware, which you can demonstrate is defective within thirty (30) business days of delivery. In the event the Hardware is defective, you will be provided a return shipping label and must ship the defective Hardware back within ten (10) business days. Rooster will then have twenty (20) business days in which to replace such defective Hardware at Rooster’s sole cost. Failure to correct such defect will allow you to cancel your purchase of the Hardware and Rooster agrees to immediately refund all sums previously paid to it by you.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties. EXCEPT AS WE OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDE, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY PROMISES REGARDING THE CORRECTNESS, USEFULNESS, ACCURACY, AVAILABILITY, OR RELIABILITY OF (I) YOUR USE OR THE RESULTS OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES; (II) ANY ADVICE YOU GLEAN FROM THE SERVICES WHETHER PROVIDED BY US OR A THIRD PARTY; OR (III) ANY OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES. WE DO NOT PROMISE THAT THE SERVICES OR THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR WILL BE ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. THERE IS NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE WILL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE TIMELINESS, DELETION, MISDELIVERY, OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY COMMUNICATION, OR CONTENT.
NO ADDITIONAL STATEMENTS OUTSIDE THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING STATEMENTS REGARDING CAPACITY, SUITABILITY FOR USE OR PERFORMANCE, WHETHER MADE BY OUR EMPLOYEES OR OTHERWISE, IS A WARRANTY OR PROMISE BY US AND WE HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY SUCH STATEMENTS.
7. Limitation of Liability. We are not responsible for any damages to you or anyone filing suit on your behalf for any reason. NONE OF ROOSTER AND ITS SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, PARENT, AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, ASSIGNEES, AND SUCCESSORS-IN- INTEREST, WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOST PROFITS, OR CAUSES OF ACTION, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE, RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, OR ANY INFORMATION YOU OBTAIN ON IT, OR ANY OTHER INTERACTION WITH THE SERVICES, AND YOU VOLUNTARILY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY WAIVE ANY LIABILITY OF ROOSTER. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICES WILL BE TO STOP USING THE SERVICES.
IN ANY EVENT, THE MAXIMUM TOTAL LIABILITY OF ROOSTER, ITS SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS, AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND ASSIGNEES, OR SUCCESSORS-IN-INTEREST, FOR ANY CLAIM WHATSOEVER RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING CLAIMS FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY) OR OTHERWISE, AND YOUR SOLE REMEDY, SHALL BE AN AWARD FOR DIRECT, PROVABLE DAMAGES NOT TO EXCEED THE LESSER OF ONE THOUSAND U.S. DOLLARS ($1,000.00 USD) OR THE AMOUNT THAT YOU HAVE SPENT ON SERVICES OVER THE PAST 12 MONTHS.
YOU HAVE NO CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH THE UNDERLYING WIRELESS SERVICE CARRIER AND YOU ARE NOT A THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARY OF ANY AGREEMENT BETWEEN US AND THE UNDERLYING WIRELESS CARRIER. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE UNDERLYING WIRELESS CARRIER HAS NO LEGAL, EQUITABLE, OR OTHER LIABILITY OF ANY KIND TO YOU. IN ANY EVENT, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OF OTHERWISE, YOUR REMEDY FOR CLAIMS ARISING IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY FAILURE OR DISRUPTION OF SERVICE PROVIDED HEREUNDER, IS LIMITED TO PAYMENT OF DAMAGES IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE UNDERLYING WIRELESS SERVICE CARRIER’S SERVICES DURING THE TWO MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE DATE THE CLAIM AROSE. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ROOSTER OR ITS SUPPLIERS AND THE UNDERLYING CARRIER CANNOT GUARANTY THE SECURITY OF WIRELESS TRANSMISSIONS, AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LACK OF SECURITY RELATING TO THE USE OF THE SERVICES.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE UNDERLYING CARRIER DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANY UNINTERRUPTED SERVICE OR UBIQUITOUS COVERAGE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SERVICE IS SUBJECT TO RISKS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LACK OF COVERAGE, DISRUPTION, BREAKDOWN, DATA LOSS, HARM TO DATA INTEGRITY, DELAYED TRANSMISSION, LATENCY AND OTHER PERFORMANCE LIMITATIONS (THE “SERVICE LIMITATIONS”). THE UNDERLYING CARRIER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOU CAN OR WILL BE LOCATED USING THE SERVICE. THE UNDERLYING CARRIER MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SUITABILITY, OR PERFORMANCE REGARDING ANY SERVICES OR GOODS, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ROOSTER, ITS SUPPLIERS OR PRIMARY CARRIER PARTNERS BE LIABLE, WHETHER OR NOT DUE TO THEIR OWN NEGLIGENCE, FOR ANY: (I) ACT OR OMISSION OF A THIRD PARTY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INTENTIONAL OR NEGLIGENT ACTS OF THIRD PARTIES THAT DAMAGE OR IMPAIR THE NETWORK OR DISRUPT SERVICE; (II) MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS, FAILURES TO TRANSMIT, DELAYS, OR DEFECTS IN THE SERVICE PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH THE UNDERLYING CARRIER; (III) DAMAGE OR INJURY CAUSED BY SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION BY THE UNDERLYING CARRIER; OR (IV) DAMAGE OR INJURY CAUSED BY A FAILURE OR DELAY IN CONNECTING A CALL TO ANY ENTITY, INCLUDING 911 OR ANY OTHER EMERGENCY SERVICE. TO THE FULL EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, CUSTOMER AND YOU RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD THE UNDERLYING CARRIER HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM OR RELATING TO, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE UNDERLYING CARRIER OR ANY PERSON’S USE THEREOF, INCLUDING CLAIMS ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART FROM THE ALLEGED NEGLIGENCE OF THE UNDERLYING CARRIER.
8. Indemnification. YOU SHALL HOLD HARMLESS, INDEMNIFY, AND DEFEND ROOSTER, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, ITS AFFILIATES, ITS SUPPLIERS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “ROOSTER PARTIES”), FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS (INCLUDING ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS, EXPENSES, AND REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES ARISING THEREFROM) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING BROUGHT BY A THIRD PARTY AGAINST ANY ONE OR MORE OF THE ROOSTER PARTIES: (I) ALLEGING INJURY, DAMAGE, OR LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES; (II) ALLEGING THAT YOUR DATA INFRINGES A COPYRIGHT, PATENT, OR TRADEMARK OR MISAPPROPRIATES A TRADE SECRET OF A THIRD-PARTY; (III) RELATED TO ANY ACT OR OMISSION BY YOU WHICH IS A BREACH OF YOUR OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT; AND (IV) YOUR USE OF INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE UNDERLYING WIRELESS SERVICE CARRIER AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CLAIMS FOR LIBEL, SLANDER, OR ANY PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, OR DEATH ARISING IN ANY WAY, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE, FAILURE TO USE, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR PRODUCTS EXCEPT WHERE CLAIMS RESULT FROM THE UNDERLYING CARRIER’S GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT. THIS INDEMNITY WILL SURVIVE THE TERMINATION OF THE AGREEMENT.
You will have the right to defend and compromise such claim at your expense for the benefit of the Rooster Parties; provided, however, you will not have the right to obligate the Rooster Parties in any respect in connection with any such settlement without the written consent of the indemnified party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you fail to assume your obligation to defend, the Rooster Parties may do so to protect their interests and you will reimburse all costs incurred by the Rooster Parties in connection with such defense.
9. Agreement to Arbitrate. All disputes arising out of, or relating to, this Agreement (including formation, performance, breach, enforceability, and validity of this Agreement) or our provision of Services shall be resolved by final and binding arbitration to be held in the English language in Johnson County, Kansas pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, or formation of this Agreement, including any claim that all or any part, of this Agreement is void or voidable. We each agree that any dispute resolution proceedings will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration we each waive any right to a jury trial. Without prejudice to the agreement to resolve disputes in binding arbitration set forth in the previous paragraph, either Party to this Agreement may obtain preliminary injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction, for the purpose of enforcing any of the terms of this Agreement pending a final determination in arbitration or permanent relief for the purpose of enforcing arbitral awards.
10. General Provisions.
10.1 Relationship of Parties. The Parties acknowledge that this is a business relationship based on the express provisions of this Agreement and no partnership, joint venture, agency, fiduciary or employment relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
10.2 Assignment. You shall not assign or transfer this Agreement or any rights or obligations under this Agreement without Rooster’s prior written consent. A change in control constitutes an assignment under this Agreement. Any unauthorized assignment or transfer shall be void and constitutes ground for immediate termination of this Agreement by Rooster. This Agreement binds and inures to the benefit of the Parties and their respective permitted successors and permitted assigns.
10.3 Severability. If any provision, or part thereof, of this Agreement becomes or is declared invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect under any law, such provision, or part thereof, shall be null and void, and deemed deleted from this Agreement. The validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall not in any way be affected or impaired.
10.4 No Waiver. Any waiver is only valid to the extent expressly set forth in writing. No waiver by either Party of any right under this Agreement shall constitute a subsequent or continuing waiver of such right or any other rights under this Agreement.
10.5 Injunction. You acknowledge that the Services are a valuable commercial product, the development of which involved the expenditure of substantial time and money. Any violation of the licenses granted hereunder, confidentiality obligations or infringement or misappropriation of Rooster’s intellectual property rights shall be deemed a material breach of the Agreement, for which Rooster may not have adequate remedy in money or damages, and Rooster shall be entitled to injunctive relief, in addition to (and not in lieu of) such further relief as may be granted by a court of competent jurisdiction, without the requirement of posting a bond or providing an undertaking.
10.6 Force Majeure. Except for your obligation to pay the fees for Services provided, neither Party shall be liable for any failure or delay in its performance due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control (including, but not limited to, act of terrorism, war (declared or not declared), sabotage, insurrection, riot, act of civil disobedience, act of any government, accident, fire, explosion, flood, storm, earthquake, volcanic eruption, nuclear event, any act of God, labor disputes, failure or delay of shippers, or unavailability of components, equipment or hardware); provided that it notifies the other Party as soon as practicable and uses commercially reasonable efforts to resume performance.
10.7 Governing Law. This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Kansas, without giving effect to its principles of conflicts of law. Any litigation arising out of this Agreement shall be brought by either Party in a court of competent jurisdiction located in Johnson County, Kansas, and each Party hereby waives any defenses it may have before such courts based on a lack of personal jurisdiction or inconvenient forum. Each Party hereby expressly and irrevocably waives the right to a jury trial. The prevailing Party shall be awarded its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs in any proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement.
10.8 Survival. The following sections shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement: 2 (Ownership); 3 (Fees); 4 (Restrictions); 6 (Disclaimer); 7 (Limitation of Liability) 8 (Indemnification); 9 (Agreement to Arbitrate); and 10 (General Provisions).
10.9 Compliance with Applicable Data Privacy Laws. You agree to use the Services and use, disclose, access, process or transmit Data in accordance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations. You acknowledge and understand that the regulatory landscape surrounding the collection or generation of Data through use of the Services and new technologies is constantly changing, and you shall comply with any such changes in the law to the extent they apply to you. You also will defend, hold harmless and indemnify Rooster and its employees, agents, officers, directors, shareholders, members, contractors, parents, and subsidiary and affiliate entities, from and against any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, costs, expenses, penalties or obligations (including attorneys’ fees), which we may incur due to a breach or violation of applicable law caused by you, or your subcontractors or agents.